Sunday, March 4, 2012

All About Me!!


Jacob

Hi, my name is Amanda and I live in Columbus, Mississippi. I am in my late twenties and I have a 2 year old son named Jacob. I have been a single mother for a year now. Jacob is a true blessing from God. My son's father passed away January 2011 due to medical issues.

I am currently attending EMCC to pursue a Business degree. I have enrolled in online classes since Spring 2011. I have put in a lot of effort into doing well at EMCC. Though it takes a lot of time and effort, I have enjoyed college so far. I have learned a lot and continue to learn new and interesting things everyday. I am a full time student that hopes one day to own a business.

Unlike many people my age, I have a child that needs me all of the time. So where most can go out and have fun, I have to do what is right and put him first. Though a lot of my time is taken up to parenting, I enjoy doing everything I can to ensure that my child is healthy and has a fun childhood. Other than being a mother full time, I manage to do other things with my limited spare time. I enjoy reading, writing, and spending time with other family members.

I have a sister that lives in England. Her husband is in the military and is stationed out there. Ever since she started living there it has been my goal to fly overseas and visit. I have always been interested in traveling and would one day like to see more of the world then I presently have. I like to see new things and try new things. I feel that it is better to experience life to its fullest rather then be closed off to all that life has to offer.

A hobby I have always enjoyed is scrap-booking. To me scrap-booking is more then just the piecing together of miscellaneous memorabilia to fill pages of a blank book, it is your life presented as you feel it is best presented. I cannot find the words to best describe the importance of scrap-booking to me, but I can assure you that it is very important and fun in my eyes. I use the following website as a reference to make scrap-booking more interesting; http://www.scrapbook.com.
Mommy and Jacob

12 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck with school and raising that handsome little boy of yours. Being a single mother is hard, but believe me we can do it. My kids are older now and help out a lot more which has made things a lot better. Trust in the Lord and he will provide. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is good, all of the time. I appreciate your comment and considertion.

      Delete
  2. I think you are an amazing woman. You are very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amanda,
    What a little blessing you have!! Jacob is precious. It is inspirational to read about you and your story. You seem to be making the best of a tragic situation. Jacob is blessed to have such a great Mommy. Hopefully,you will get to make that trip to England to see your sister. Now there's some scrapbook material! Have a great weekend, Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jacob is a wonderful part of my life. My weekend was great, thank you for your input.

      Delete
  4. You seem to be very strong and I wish the best for you and your adorable son Jacob...Keep pushing forward for him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That goes without saying... just kidding, thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  5. I wish you all the luck in the world. I know your going to do just fine in your classes. Your are one strong MAMA....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that everything for you also goes well, thank you for your response.

      Delete
  6. How awesome you are! You've dealt with a lot in your life already... and its great that you're STILL GOING FORWARD! school and your son... you're an inspiration!

    :)

    ~KMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they say, when life gives you lemons to make lemonade. I am happy that you think that of me, thank you.

      Delete