Thursday, April 19, 2012

Class Review....

The final blog I am going to publish for is class is going to be focused on my own format of a critique on the class over the course of the semester. I will first give my own personal feelings on how this portion of the class work made me feel before I started blogging. Then I will focus on how I felt once I started the blogging assignment. Next I will be rating the blogging and how I felt about other the course work required in this class. And I will close with my final thoughts of the course and my overall assessment of everything.
In the beginning, I really had no idea what blogging was like. I knew that blogging was a popular thing that some people I knew to be extremely nerdy, in my opinion.  I had thought that the blogging component of the class was going to be a complete waste of time. I felt that this assignment was a band aid to the fact that there was no real way that this instructor could assign work out of the textbook. Then I started to blog.

The aggravation of starting the blog is still with me. I do not know if perhaps some of it was due to my computer, using the wrong Internet browser to do the assignment, or just potentially my incompetence with computers finally being realized. Making the sight stuff happen was difficult it seems, but ended up being really fun once I learned to not take the instructions literally word for word and to make it work out of sequence in some spots. Before I even realized it, the blog site was set up. I felt like I had truly accomplished something that I had never done before. The only thing I can truly say that baffled me was figuring out who was in my class and how to go about finding/adding all of my classmates.  Once I figured it out, thanks to my teacher, I knew what to do.
The class work in itself was a decent balance of work to help ensure that I was able to learn without being overwhelmed. I did not see myself asking a lot of questions, but merely turning in the coursework as I needed to. The work overall in itself made me feel that I needed to keep up with the readings and not to procrastinate, or else my grade was at risk of being below what I wanted it to be. Long story short, in order to do well I actually had to stay on top of things in order to do well, rather then procrastinate throughout the week and wait until the assignments were due at the last second before I decided to even open the book or come up with a blog on the fly.

In closing, I felt that the class was set up to ensure that I learned more of the course work then some of the other classes I have taken in the past semesters. The blogging was a lot of fun, but also a highly valuable way of ensuring that I was somewhat familiar with running my own web account. I enjoyed the teacher encouraging us to blog about miscellaneous ramblings as well as giving us an idea to blog about if we could not think of anything to talk about.  I had a lot of fun overall and did learn more then I thought I would from this class.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you it was alright once I got started. I never did get around to blogging with all my classmates because I did not ask enough questions to begin with and then no one would answer my emails. It did turn out to be more fun than I thought. Your blog was designed great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the steps to setup the blog..I got discouraged but I really enjoyed it after everything was up and running....your blog creation is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy Dearest, You were a joy to have in class. Best wishes to you in your future. Judy Dunaway

    ReplyDelete